Van Eperen is looking for a PR/media relations account executive to join our team in North Bethesda!
Van Eperen seeks a seasoned Account Executive, PR/Media Relations to join our N. Bethesda, MD team. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and dedicated communications professional who thrives in a fast-paced, agency environment and is experienced in media relations and all aspects of day-to-day project management of PR initiatives.
- Support account supervisors/directors in managing day-to-day client interactions and projects for assigned accounts
- Manage day-to-day media relations/media requests for Van Eperen and assigned accounts
- Participate in internal planning meetings, brainstorm sessions, and the development of integrated communications strategies and media-based communications plans
- Employ and maintain strong media relations to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account and company objectives
- Write compelling communications on behalf of company and assigned clients: press releases, bylined articles, blog copy, and other collateral
- Handle day-to-day social media campaign management (content generation, interacting with community in real time, tracking metrics, etc.) as needed
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop client collateral, including videos, social campaigns, etc.
- Plan, track, and manage project and client budgets and timelines, with the ability to quickly and effectively identify issues and course-correct as needed
- Stay on top of industry trends and continually seek training and education in new skills and tools related to your work
- 4-5 years of experience supporting PR efforts in a cross-functional environment
- Prior agency experience required
- Committed to upholding our business ethics and reputation
- A strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building skills, and attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritize, accountable in meeting deadlines, and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success
- Knowledge of AP style guidelines required
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or a liberal arts discipline with a strong writing foundation
- Health Insurance
- Professional Development Program
- PTO Program including Federal Holidays
- Simple IRA with Match
- Summer Fridays
- Team Building Events and More!
Please send resume, cover letter, sample pitches, and related media placements to email@example.com.