Van Eperen is looking for a senior account executive to join our team!
Does This Sound Like You?
A public relations professional with grit who wants to be a part of the convergence of traditional earned media, paid media, social media, and content marketing.
An integrated communications professional yearning to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on storytelling and media relations, brand-building, reputation management, social responsibility initiatives, and multi-stakeholder communications.
You’re more than capable of leading and managing accounts and projects for a variety of clients (and know you’re more than capable because you’ve already done so successfully).
You respect and follow the news closely, have strong media relations skills, solid experience in day-to-day account management, integrated marketing experience, and an easy rapport with clients at all levels, including C-suite.
You’re a creative thinker, exceptionally detail-oriented, produce high-quality work/results, and able to laugh out loud at least once a day in the office.
Yes? Keep Reading
The senior account executive position is ideal for someone with five to eight years of experience who thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment.
- Lead internal planning meetings and brainstorm sessions, and create actionable next steps including new story ideas and strategic recommendations on integrated communications approaches.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the team, including working with senior members to help coordinate projects and client deliverables.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing client programs and activities across multiple accounts – flawlessly, on time, and on budget.
- Ensure that all programs are strategically on target with clients’ business objectives; maintain day-to-day contact with client, report program results to agency management and client.
- Drive story idea development and work closely with media to shape and control communications that are creative and compelling while in line with overall account objectives; write press releases, bylined articles, blog copy, and other collateral
- Develop and oversee content creation for client collateral, including media materials, videos, social campaigns, etc.
- Handle day-to-day social media campaign management (brainstorming and creating content for multiple Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media profiles/channels, scheduling and/or posting content to each social
- profile as appropriate, interacting with community in real time, tracking metrics, etc.).
- Continually seek training and education in new skills and tools related to your work and proactively make recommendations for implementation of new programs
Committed to upholding our business ethics and reputation.
A strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media, and experience recommending and implementing social media strategies.
Active on social media, both personally and for client accounts, and experience with automation and social media calendar tools (Sprout Social a plus).
Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, incredible organization and attention to detail, deadline-driven, and a resourceful problem-solver with a “can-do” attitude.
Proven ability to prioritize, work independently, be assertive, self-starting, and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success.
Knowledge of AP style guidelines required.
BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or a liberal arts discipline with a strong writing foundation.
Prior agency experience strongly preferred
Cherries on Top
- Photography, videography, SEO and/or podcast production skills
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with WordPress, Google Ads, experience with content management systems, and/or implementing SEO tactics to increase website traffic.
If you’ve been saying “that’s me!” while reading this, we need to talk. To apply, send a cover letter, your resume, and links to a few examples of your work to email@example.com.